Saturday, May 20, 2017

Montana

After getting everything all set up for the wedding and enjoying a yummy dinner (where Jude decided to go outside and throw snowballs into the river and ALL the other kids decided to follow him and, yep, it was my kid that started all the chaos- oops)

But after that we went back to the Lodge and started up the fire and roasted some yummy marshmallows and ate smore's (my kids did NOT care for the cheesecake they got with their dinner- not one of them liked it- just like their mama)

While we got the fire started this bird of prey came and sat in the tree above us. It stayed for a long time and Jude loved it. He's the first one that noticed it too. I wish I had a better picture to help me identify it, but I think it's either a white-tailed kite or an osprey. The osprey seems more likely, but it's head and belly and tail are so white that it has me questioning.
My idea of perfection right here.
Kayla was sort-of responsible around the fire. . . she didn't set anything on fire so I call that a win.
John helped Lenyn roast some marshmallows and she did NOT like having help. But she wasn't nearly as well-behaved around the fire as she thought she was. . . And Kayla did NOT like daddy paying attention to another kid ha!
We celebrated Julia's birthday too (SIX!!) and she loved all the surprise attention and the birthday cake with a singing candle. When I asked if she was surprised she said, "No." Then she added that she was, "more than surprised!" I'm glad she didn't mind celebrating her birthday so far from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment